Reporting to the Production Supervisor / Team Leader, the Mixer / Baker is responsible for the efficient and safe machine operation, producing high quality product. The Mixer / Baker must maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Must be able to work effectively in a team-based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and make decisions under pressure.
- Follow all safety requirements required by company policy;
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging equipment;
- Operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery (and ERP system) through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to mix, blend, cook or otherwise process food products;
- Report equipment problems and the need for preventive maintenance with team leader/supervisor;
- Work closely with Q.C. to assure conformity of product to customer requirements;
- Monitor products conformity and ensure compliance to company’s standards;
- Perform adjustments to equipment if and when necessary;
- Record production metrics data such as quantity, weight, size and types of product packaged to ensure conformance to company standards;
- Assist the Production Supervisor/Lead Person in achieving scheduling requirements;
- Ability to rotate and learn different areas of the production line/multiple lines;
- Maintain a positive, respectful and open communication process with team members;
- Ability to provide on-the-job training to new employees;
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, by following daily housekeeping and 6S standards;
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it a more efficient and safer place to work;
- Create and maintain POKA guides relative to production operations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Previous manufacturing and/or food production experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production is preferred;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Ability to learn multiple positions and be able to work these positions on varying schedules;
- Ability to effectively understand and follow a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and sanitation);
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and effective communication with peers, supervisors;
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving;
- Basic math and computer skills;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Strong physical endurance; ability to lift up to 75lbs;
- Ability to stand; walk; for long periods of time;
- Able and willing to work 10-12hrs daily;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist 50 lbs. 33% of the time.
- Must be able to lift from waist to shoulder 50 lbs 33% of the time.
- Must be able to push/pull a maximum force of 86 lbs.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time