Reporting to the Engineering manager, the building project manager is responsible for coordinating maintenance and making the necessary corrections to buildings and infrastructures to ensure their compliance and full efficiency.
- Coordinate certain projects related to buildings, e.g.: new construction, modification or redevelopment of building and utilities systems.
- Coordinate maintenance work offered under subcontract, e.g., electricity, plumbing, carpentry, environmental etc.
- Ensure that the work under his or her responsibility is done in a safe manner
- Carry out the follow-up of work for our employees assigned to the buildings (SAP)
- Coordinate the preventive maintenance plans ex: HVAC, fire, etc.
- Manage and do the necessary follow-ups for the building requests of our internal teams
- Work in conjunction with utilities team
- Update the various plans on Autocad;
- Managing Building Equipment Obsolescence
- Assist the maintenance department in some works.
- Ownership of Construction Management and Safety
- City/infrastructure liaison
- Professional or college education in a relevant field (mechanical engineering, industrial maintenance, building mechanics, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Experience of more than 5 years in coordinating projects related to building maintenance and practical experience in the sector, ideally in a food plant
- Knowledge of Autocad, SAP (an asset) and Microsoft Office
- Good mechanical sense
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Recognized for organizational skills
- Good leadership skills and enjoy challenges
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems